Even the best-planned trips can be impacted by an unexpected event or unplanned interruption, illness, road closures, traffic accidents, medical emergency, adverse weather, natural disasters, or more. Trip insurance allows you to recoup the investment made in your trip if you meet the terms and conditions outlined in the plan.
Say it's the day before the big RV trip and your daughter comes down with a nasty case of stomach flu. You booked a non-refundable trip, and now you're out hundreds - or even thousands - of dollars. Or are you?
By purchasing trip insurance, you could be reimbursed 100% of the prepaid RV rental booking cost in the event you had to cancel due to a covered event.
Some trip insurance coverages include: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Emergency Assistance and Transportation
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
Some covered events that apply to Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption (please note that terms and conditions apply):
- Traffic accident en route to pick up the RV
- Onset of pre-existing medical conditions while on the trip (if certain requirements are met at the time of purchase)
- Sickness, accidental injury, or loss of life of renter or a travel companion while on the trip
- Mandatory evacuations, road closures, or inability to access destination due to adverse weather
24/7 Emergency Assistance and Transportation
Much like stumbling upon a bear in the wild, you never know when a medical emergency will present itself. Covered expenses include:
- Emergency transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility
- Help to return home, if medically necessary
- Expenses for one person of the renter's choice to visit them if they are traveling alone and hospitalized for more than 7 days
- Injury that first occurs during their trip
Free 10-day review period for a full refund
Trip insurance from Generali Global Assistance can help provide coverage for the renters and their travel party in the event of an unforeseen covered circumstance adversely impacting their travel arrangements. The travel insurance plan also comes with:
- Renter's can take 10 days to review the plan and decide if it's right for them
- If they wish to cancel the plan within 10 days of purchase and have not yet left on the trip or filed a claim, they can do so and receive a full refund of the plan cost
Anticipating the unexpected and covering it with travel insurance can help protect renters and their traveling companions from surprise expenses.
Read more about Trip Insurance here -